This page is currently under development. Feel free to browse the information here. Some of it may not be up-to-date and will be corrected shortly. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Canada’s weather is brutal, let’s face it. On the prairies and the Canadian shield, temperatures can easily fluctuate eighty degrees centigrade over a single year! Yes we insulate our homes, but the question still remains: is there a better way to insulate?
We at Blue Stone Construction have done extensive research into finding better technologies, systems, and products to make the inside of your home independent of what’s going on outside.
In recent years there has been a lot of demand for products that are energy efficient and this has carried over into the housing industry. As a result, many new products have come available and many more are in development.
Not only does this make your life at home more comfortable, but it also keeps you heating and cooling bills down. All this has a positive impact on the environment by making your home more energy efficient. What better way to be green and save money at the same time!
Below we have listed a number of different insulation technologies that we can implement based on the customer's needs.
- SilveRboard installation - foil-clad EPS exterior insulation is an exceptional product. Panels at 1" thick will deliver a staggering R27 of insulation performance.
- ICF construction - styrofoam concrete form blocks are becoming increasingly more popular.
- Straw bale panels - we install these eco-friendly, high-efficiency panels
- High efficiency doors and windows - triple pane, Argon filled windows with a Sunblock coating can reduce your heat loss immensely.
- Polyurethane Foam - spray-on expanding foam is no longer just a commercial option. Now you can have this installed in your home for a reasonable price.